February 23, 2010

Strolling in the House - Funny Memories

This is my new jogging stroller.  I am now the proud owner of three strollers.  If you had asked me before I had a little one if I thought I would ever need three strollers the answer would have been "What?  Three strollers?  Why would anyone need three strollers?"  Now I understand the need for different strollers.  I have my "original" stroller that we used with the car seat and still use when we go to the mall.  It holds a lot and gives Jax room to move around.  As Jax got a little older, I decided I needed a light weight stroller for walks around the neighborhood,  quick shopping trips, etc.  The smaller stroller served  me well until Jax discovered how to "escape" from the saftey straps and drag his feet along the sidewalk.  A stroll around the neighborhood became a dreaded event.  I went back to the bulky stroller for a few walks but "bulky" sums it up.  Thus the newest addition to my collection - a jogging stroller.  This to me is like a mini-van (no offense to mini-van moms - I'll probably get one some day).  I never thought I would own one but now I do. It's great because Jax can't reach the ground - he is trapped.  I'm looking forward to using it often as the days get warmer. 

John is always so sweet to put together all the stuff I buy with "assembly required". Jax wanted to help so he and Daddy put the tires on and pumped them up.  Jax wanted to test out his new stroller so off they went around the house.  I had to snap a couple of shots because it brought back memories of Jax as a very little fellow.  Every afternoon around four-thirty Jax would get very fussy.  I made up a silly song that helped sometimes but what helped most often was John strolling him around the house.  It was more like a race track through the dining room and kitchen.  Round and round they would go until Jax would finally calm down.  I would laugh so hard watching John race around the house.  Seeing them strolling around the house brought back funny memories. I'm glad those  fussy days are past but it's fun to remember times like that.

No comments: