August 21, 2010

Big Boy Room

I remember the day I bought those 3 letters - weeks before "Baby Dooner" arrived.  Now they are painted red and hanging in his big boy room.  Time goes by too quickly.
John and I bought these shelves a few weeks after we moved into our house - almost 4 years ago now.  We have FINALLY found a perfect home for them.  My husband wasn't very happy with me though because they required a little sanding and 4-5 coats of paint.  Thanks, honey - they look great.
A present from Mema and Granddaddy - a perfect addition!
Silly boy - playing peek-a-boo before going to sleep!
First night in his big boy bed!  So sweet!
It's official - Jax has moved into his big boy room.  I spent weeks shopping and searching for the perfect bedding, paint, lamps, window treatments (got it right after the third time), etc.  It has been a bittersweet time.  While it was fun seeing his excitement as he moved into his big boy room it was a little sad for me as we took down his crib and changed his nursery into an office/crafting room for me.  The Tuesday before his birthday his new room was off limits.  After he went to bed, John and I put the finishing touches on his new room so it would be ready for him on his birthday.  After breakfast the next day we revealed his new room.  He was very excited and checked out most everything.  The first night he wanted to sleep in his "old" bed so we didn't argue.  We were happy to let him get adjusted but by the second night he was ready to sleep in his new bed and has ever since.  It was just a few days after his birthday that we took down his crib.  And yes - there were tears - from me not my two boys. 

Jax is settling into his new room.  I am still organizing a few things but overall it's been great and a very easy transition.  My little boy is growing up but he's still my baby. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The room is adorable and so is Jax sleeping in his big bed.

John and I have had daily tears this week because our someone is not sleeping in her bed. Transitions can sometimes be good and sometimes very hard.

Glad Jax likes his room.