January 2, 2011

Christmas Day

A truly blessed family!
 My honey and me!
 Mema, Jax and Granddaddy enjoying lunch.


 Uncle Jay  - ready to eat!
 Mema sneaking a little party mix and sharing it with....
 Jax!
 YUMMY!
 Jax's beautifully decorated cookies!
 So cute!
 My little man!
 My boys and me!  I love them so much!
 Jax loves opening presents!



 My dad and me!
 My mom and me!
What a wonderful day we enjoyed on Christmas!  After a fun morning we welcomed my Mom, Dad and brother Jay as the celebration continued.  We enjoyed a delicious lunch of poppyseed chicken, HoneyBaked ham, rice, corn casserole, frozen fruit salad, honey-glazed carrots, olive-cheese bread and warm yeast rolls.   We were all stuffed and ready for a nap after lunch but we opted to open presents instead.  Jax loved opening his gifts as well as helping everyone else open theirs.  We kept the gift exchange simple this year but always fun to surprise one another.  After all of the gifts were opened we enjoyed yummy desserts that included a delightful Santa shaped cake, sugar cookies and Santa party mix.  Leftovers were packaged up and sent home with everyone.  As always we enjoyed being together as a family and feel blessed every year that we are able to have this special time together.   

1 comment:

vergne said...

Julie,
I'm glad that you had a nice Christmas! I love the Santa cake that you made. So cute!

Paula