November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!






What a wonderful day! My husby, beautiful baby boy and my brother enjoyed a delicious meal consisting of ham, spice rubbed turkey breast, mom's "got to have" cornbread dressing, cranberry salad, frozen strawberry salad, peas and yummy yeast rolls. Dessert was a wonderful cinnamon streusel pound cake - a recipe given to me by a dear friend. We had lots of great conversation and a few laughs along the way. Mom and Dad were not able to come. Dad was a little under the weather. They were greatly missed. Jax loves his Mema and Granddaddy so much. He was looking forward to blowing bubbles with Granddaddy but I'm sure that we will visit with him very soon.
I love Thanksgiving. It is such a warm holiday. It's nice to relax and enjoy time with family and to reflect on our many blessings. God has blessed my life in so many ways. I have a husband that I adore more and more each day and a sweet baby boy that gets sweeter every day. I have a loving family and wonderful friends. I also have a furry mutt that greets me with love every time I walk in the door. I have a warm home and plenty of food. My husband provides for my child and me. I have no worries. Yes - I am truly blessed.
To each and every one of you I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am grateful for you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great holiday meal you made. Thanks for all of the hard work to make the holiday smooth!