February 15, 2009

Lots of Love

Daddy and Jax
A Valentine's Mickey - Thanks, Uncle Jay!


A Balloon in the Bathtub - whatever works!

Happy Valentine's Day - Mema and Granddaddy!

A Night Out for Mommy and Daddy!
We had a great Valentine's Day. The day began with warm cinnamon muffins and bacon. We all exchanged gifts early in the day. My wonderful husby gave me a beautiful black leather jacket. Jax got a new wooden train, a coloring book, crayons, and a few other things. My husby got a couple of T-shirts, yummy pancake mix, a personalized ice cream bowl, and gift cards to his favorite restaurants. Of course, Coco was not forgotten. She got some favorite treats and was very happy. Lunch was simple but fun. Heart shaped grilled cheese sandwiches and fries. We enjoyed delicious cupcakes, too. We went to the park for a few minutes. Jax loved the swings and the slide.
The afternoon was spent relaxing and enjoying time together. I snuck away for a manicure and pedicure while Jax took a long nap and John enjoyed some computer gaming time. I'm sure CoCo snuck in a few naps throughout the day. Uncle Jay stopped by to give Jax an adorable Valentine's Day Mickey Mouse. He brought along some fun sports shaped cookie cutters, too.
Our evening was equally fun. Mema and Granddaddy came over to spend time with Jax while my husby and I enjoyed a night out. We had dinner at Macaroni Grill with John having a filet mignon with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus and me having a delicious four cheese ravioli with mild Italian sausage. We had great food and wonderful conversation although we did miss our little boy. Jax kept Mema and Granddaddy busy the whole evening. I thought I would come home to a tired little boy but he was full of energy. It took him a few minutes to zonk out but I know he had a fantastic time playing with Mema and Granddaddy.
I hope your Valentine's Day was as special as mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for making and delivering the delicious Valentine cupcakes!!! They were yummy, yummy, yummy and they are gone into our tummy!