March 7, 2009

Letting Go

The past week has been a challenging one for the Dooner Family. My wonderful "husby" broke his leg in a hockey game on Sunday. What appeared to be "just a broken leg" turned into a week of complications and more. Thankfully, he had surgery yesterday and all looks great. I'm looking forward to bringing him home today or tomorrow. Besides all of the anxiety and worry that a hospital stay brings I had the added worry of caring for my 19 month old as well as taking care of my "husby". I am blessed with a wonderful family that stepped in and took a lot off of me. Jax was very well taken care of and is happy as can be. I learned this week that it is okay to let go and sometimes there is no choice. It was hard though. Jax and I spend so much time together. We have our routines, our silly songs and dances, our peek-a-boo game during lunch. So many things that no one else knows. I know he has missed days with his mommy but he has been just fine all week. Letting go is very hard but I learned a great lesson this week. Thank you to everyone that has helped me with my precious baby. He is truly a joy and I have missed him this week but so grateful that you took the worry of caring for him away so that I could focus on my "husby" who needed me.

2 comments:

vergne said...

Julie,
It sounds like you have had a rough time! I hope that John gets to come home soon. I know what you mean-sometimes you just can't be in control of everything. you know we're close, so call me sometime if you need me to watch Jax. I don't mind!

Paula

Julie said...

Thanks, Paula! John was able to come home yesterday. He's doing okay - a long recovery ahead. We'll have to take a walk sometime soon.