April 26, 2009

Baby's Boo Boo

A week ago we were returning home from an exciting trip to Home Depot when we were greeted by some neighborhood kids playing on the sidewalk next to our driveway. They all love Jax and he loves them so off he went down the sidewalk with them. They took him into their garage to show him all kinds of fun stuff. One of them showed him how to bounce on one of those bouncy balls. Jax was loving all of the attention and fun. John and I were talking to our neighbor and I turned my back to put away a ball. During those few seconds my sweet baby went head first off of the bouncy ball onto a concrete driveway. John and I were so scared. Jax cried for a minute or so and off to play he went. We scooped him up and took him home for close observation. He was not happy to leave but John and I were a little nervous. We kept him up for a least an hour past nap time and I checked on him several times during the night. Can you tell we are first time parents? Jax is fine but "oh! what can happen when you turn your back for just a second".