September 2, 2009

First Day Jitters

Getting advice from Daddy for my first day of "school."
Got lunch - What else do I need?
Let's go, Mom!
Look what I painted! Mommy and Daddy are very proud of me!

Yes - I had first day jitters as Jax went to his first full day of Mother's Day Out! The reality that he was going to be away from me for five hours hit me just yesterday. I'm happy to say that we both survived the day with only a few bumps along the way. Jax was very excited as he walked into "school" this morning with his new lunchbox but as soon as he saw his classroom door he dropped the lunchbox and started climbing on mommy with one of the loudest cries I'd ever heard out of my sweet baby. The excitement of the first day of "school" was history. Of course, I wanted to turn around and bolt with my sweet baby in my arms but I stood firm and handed him over to his teacher. He went with her rather easily for all of the crying that was going on. I went to my car and as I was driving away tears welled up in my eyes as I realized that I had just left my little guy for an entire five hours. I know that I did what I had to do and I must say I enjoyed the time but it was a difficult thing. I was the first parent to arrive this afternoon for dismissal. Jax came out with little eyes that obviously had been crying but his teacher said that he had a good day. She said that he got upset at naptime and suspected that it was because I wasn't there. We talked on the way home and he said that he had a good time. We talked about things he did but he was most excited to get his "Ms" (short for M&Ms). We looked through his folder when we got home and he showed me the beautiful picture that he painted with shaving cream. As you can see in the pic above he is very proud and was very happy to show it to Daddy when he got home from work. All in all it was a good day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I know that was hard! I bet you needed a massage by that night for as tense as you probably were. He'll make a friend when he learns it's a routine too. I'm proud of you both...I was not sure you'd make it honestly. :)

Precious pictures, but need more of you in them too!
Love ya'll! Proud kisses to our big boy Jax! xoxoxo