December 31, 2010

This is where you go....





Three days before Christmas and Jax gets a new dog at Build-A-Bear.  Doesn't make a lot of sense, right?  Well...let me tell you.... this is where you go when you walk up to Santa's house two seconds too late and it's your second attempt to visit with  jolly ole St. Nick.   It broke my heart to see Jax's little face when I told him that Santa was going to feed the reindeer and we would have to see him later.  Jax had tears streaming down his little face and the "elf" looked at us and said, "Santa will be back at 2:00".  Thanks but I don't think my little guy really understood that so off we went to find something fun to do.  Jax loved choosing his new dog which he named "Rudolph".    Of course, we had another meltdown when leaving because he decided he actually wanted Rudolph the reindeer instead of Rudolph the dog but that's another story.  I definitely learned my lesson about waiting until the week before Christmas to visit with Santa.   John and I met at the mall that same night and waited for about an hour and forty minutes  for Jax to have his 30 seconds with Santa.  Oh...what you will do for your kids.   But after all that we went though it was worth it all to watch Jax give Santa a 100 calorie pack of cookies and to hear him tell Santa he wanted a race car.  Precious!
.

No comments: