October 10, 2010

My Birthday Weekend Begins

What can we eat next, Granddad?
Mom and me
Dad and me
Jax having fun with Mema!

My birthday began with yummy lunch with Jax and my parents at Merridee's in Franklin. Merridee's is one of my favorite places. I stop in at least once a week to pick up a few fat free (yes- it's true) cinnamon rolls but I haven't enjoyed lunch there in a while so it was a nice treat. They had a delicious wild rice soup on Friday. I may have to stop in at lunch time more often. My fun day continued when my mom stopped by my house later with a birthday balloon bouquet. What a delightful surprise! Of course, my little guy had fun playing with them. He loves balloons.

My little guy with Mommy!

Helping Mommy blow out her candle.
This is gooooooood!


My boys treated me to a special birthday dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  We go every year now on my birthday since that's where John and I went the night we got engaged.   He didn't propose there but I remember having a really fun birthday dinner so it's just a happy place for me.  Time goes by so quickly.  That was five years ago - October 8, 2005!  Anyway, back to this year.  We had a delicious dinner.  Both of my boys love steak so they were happy.  I enjoyed my usual - Chicken on the Barbie.  We continued the celebration at home with a yummy cupcake from Merridee's.  Jax helped me blow out the candle and open my presents.  My boys are very good to me.  They made my day special and I love them very much.

No comments: