September 17, 2008

CoCo

Last summer (before Jax arrived), CoCo and I spent a lot of time on our couch. We ate popsicles (it was a hot summer) and napped most afternoons. I think CoCo misses that time with her Mommy!

Am I adorable or what?

Three years ago today, John and I travelled to the small town of Smithville on a beautiful Saturday morning to see a little pup named BeBe. I had gotten the notion that I wanted a dog - a Newfoundland to be exact. John found a "newfie" mix on petfinder.com. John contacted the Dekalb Humane Society and the journey began. The Humane Society was having adoption day at the local Food Lion. When I first saw her I doubted that she was any part Newfoundland but after looking into those big brown eyes I had to bring her home. John signed the adoption papers and we were on our way. I immediately changed her name to CoCo just because I loved the name. She lived with me until John and I were married in February of the next year. We had lots of good times together as "single girls."
CoCo is such a special part of our family. Jax loves her and she is very sweet with him. I know they are going to be the best of friends as Jax grows up. She is a gentle and sweet-natured dog (although she has quite a loud bark.) When I look at her I can't imagine how anyone could have left her on the side of the road when she was just days old. I'm thankful that she is part of our lives. She brings great joy to our family and we love her very much.

No comments: